Susanne Bier, Golden Globe Best Foreign Film Winner, Mentions Rob

Photobucket Photobucket

When Danish director Susanne Bier delivered her acceptance speech at this year’s Golden Globe Awards, she left the audience speechless. Literally. Accepting her award for best foreign-language film from Twilight heartthrob Robert Pattinson, Bier nervously joked that her movie features “people who speak like they have potatoes shoved down their throats.” Dead silence. After several awkward seconds, the director hastily wrapped up her speech.

Weeks later, Bier still sounds chagrined. “I got a bit paralyzed,” she explains. “I’d very carefully written a speech, and I couldn’t even read it. What was worse, I did not kiss Robert Pattinson, and now my daughter is never going to speak to me again.”

Read the full article 'Straight Outta Denmark' at newsweek .Thanks Mimi.